Thursday, July 9, 2015

Here Comes the Rain Again

     "Here comes the rain again," I say, like the song from Annie Lennox. Our summer here in PA has brought a crazy amount of rain.  There seems to be a flash flood warning every day and a river, yes a small river, runs steadily through the garden.  I'm not big on statistics, so I don't know the numbers, averages, and what-not, but it's gotta be some kind of record amount of rain.
 There's been very little sunshine and it may be time to consider building an ark.

   As the rain keeps falling, it adds to my gloomy mood and unfavorable outlook on life at the current moment.
Photo by Joe E.
The river that runs through.

A river!
 I'm usually a positive person for the most part, but current circumstances have rendered me incomplete, disappointed, and down right GLOOMY, fitting of the rain and black clouds.

But then I look around.  I capture the blessings all around, through the smallest of details.
I can't help but see that God is good, all the time!
   You don't know what I'm going through, and I don't know what your going through, but I know how you feel...
*small
*abandoned
*not enough
*disappointed
*lost...

I know.
    But you can't give up!
       You can't let the "rain" over take you!
You can't let the bad times FLOOD your life!
     Because God's got a plan! 

The flooded creek.
God says in 2 Corinthians 12:9

    "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.  For when I am weak, than I am strong."

"Here comes the rain?"
   Well we just need a bigger umbrella!"

Xoxoxox,

Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment